Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sunflowers 2013

This fall, I did Sunflowers three different ways with the three different classes.

Kindergarten-1st Grade:


Another one of my absolute favorite fall projects is the two week project using elmer's glue on black paper to draw a sunflower and then the next week coming back over it with chalk pastel!

Check out the last time I did this for more detail.

2nd-3rd Grade

I had done the glue/pastel with the older kids two years ago, so I decided to do a 3-D paper sunflower with the "middle" classroom. A paper plate served as the center and yellow construction paper petals.


4th-6th Grade


Since I wanted to really show them the Van Gogh sunflower and give them a real experience, I chose acrylic as the medium for the older kids. We had a sunflower still life and they had canvas boards and acrylic.










No comments:

Post a Comment