Sunday, September 6, 2009

Winter projects 2008-9

With this age group, many of my art projects ended up being very seasonal and holiday oriented. The fall holidays provided plenty of material.




This was an idea I got from a book called "Incredibly Awesome Crafts for Kids" by Better Homes and Gardens. It's an angel made from sheet music. I scanned and printed the sheet music and made the cones in advance. Then some pipe cleaner, beads and doileys were added by the kids. This was my first time doing glitter with Kindergarteners...suffice to say I will try to limit my exposure to glitter and elmer's glue with this age group in the future;-)




The classic "stained glass" made from wax paper, crayons and tissue paper, heated with an iron. The kids really liked this one and its amazing how good it can look in a window!




Snowmen made from cotton balls and found objects. Lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. The best way I found to use glitter, and glue is to put small amount of glue on a paper plate have students use q-tips to apply glue. Then in a box lid ( I ask the coke man to leave me boxes when he refills the teachers soda machine)the students place their project in the box and sprinkle away. Most the mess is in the box which can be shaken back into the glitter container.

    ReplyDelete